You Are Here : ALL FEATURES » Playing Live? Essential Insurance you should know about


Playing Live? Essential Insurance you should know about
Article Post Date: Monday 11.07.2011

Public Liability – the not so obvious one!

In our ever-increasingly litigious society, and with many lawyers working on a no-win no-fee basis, anybody now injured tends to look to the law to recover damages from others and this is where Public Liability Insurance comes into play.

For new bands you pay one premium which covers your all your gigs you plan to do which means you know what you have to pay at the outset. You can rest easy that, should you be sued if somebody is accidentally injured at one of your shows, you will have a policy that will help cover the legal costs and any damages award.  Defending an action can run into thousands of pounds and then, should the Court find that you have been negligent, the award itself could be very large.

We have heard of incidents where bands are turned away from venues as they were unable to produce evidence of public liability cover – don’t let this happen to you.

Employer’s Liability

If you are an established band and if you pay a wage or instruct others in their work then Employer’s Liability Insurance is one of the few insurances that is compulsory by law in the UK; this covers you for injuries sustained by your employees which arise out of your negligence.  Don’t get caught out!

Equipment Insurance from just £150 per annum
Liability Insurance from £250 Per annum

For more information please contact Steven Howell at Robertson Taylor Insurance Brokers

Steven Howell
D +44 (0)20 75101250

Like every site, this site has the odd cookie to help you use it. EU law requires us t...
More Info »